Technology is the driving force and backbone to our present and future living. Because of technology, we can communicate easier and faster than ever before. Technology has really improved life for us as well as maintaining business relations around the world. Since technology is blooming day by day; many businesses are started and we can see many new products and services around us. With the virtue of technology, you could shop from your home and order anything that comes to your mind.
Nowadays business owners interested in promoting their business on world wide web via website. There are lots of benefits for having an online presence for any business. Websites are the foundation of all businesses in this 21st century. Online presence is a must for every business.
Why is it important to use a website uptime monitoring tool?
If you have a website, then it is obvious that you would want to take steps to ensure that the site is always available for your audience whenever they open it. It does not matter if the visitors are coming from different locations and at different time zones. What matters is that they can get access to your content or services anytime they need them.
Monitoring your site's uptime is critical to the success of your online business. If people cannot access your website, they can't buy from you! Servers go down, but by monitoring your website with an uptime monitoring tool, you will at least know about it before customers do! The last thing you want is a reputation as a website that's down all the time! This will turn people away from buying from your company. By monitoring your site's uptime, you can take the proper steps to fix outages and get your website back up.
For you to ensure that this is possible, it is important that you get the best website uptime monitoring tools. Whether you are looking for a professional solution or want to manage your website yourself, here are some of the key functions and aspects to look out for:
- Monitoring Function: The very first thing to consider when choosing an uptime monitoring tool is the function. A good solution should be able to monitor all aspects of your site and servers to ensure that they are working properly at all times. This means checking for things like access, security, load times and connectivity problems.
- Alerts: You definitely do not want to be kept in the dark about a problem with your website even when you are sleeping. A good monitoring tool should be able to send alerts about any downtime, slow connection speeds and failed connections. The alerts can also come in the form of texts, emails or push notifications.
- Reporting: You definitely want a solution that comes with detailed reporting and uptime charts that will help in making decisions like improving your connection speeds or removing certain services. The detailed charts should also make it possible to identify trends and monitor changes in performance over different time periods.
- Affordability: It is important that you get a tool that can give you great value for your money. This means getting one that is affordable without compromising on the results.
- Professional Support: For most people, it can be very difficult to manage website uptime monitoring tools on their own especially when you don't know the right questions to ask. It is important for you to get a solution that comes with great support including 24/7 customer service and professional advice. This will help you when there are any problems with your site or even when you want to try out new strategies.
- Testing Function: It is important for you to look for a full testing function especially if you are opting for an automated solution. This will help make sure that the tool is working properly before it goes live on your site.
- Ease of Setup: Getting the right monitoring tool should be easy no matter if you are looking for a custom solution or prefer to use an off-the-shelf product. It is important that you check out reviews before deciding on a specific tool. You also need to make sure that it will be easy for you to use the tool either on your own or with help from someone like a Webmaster.
What are the types of website uptime monitoring tools?
There are many different types of tools that you can use to monitor website uptime. You may already have some form of monitoring solution in place depending on the type of hosting plan that you are using. If not, you can find a number of great off-the-shelf and custom tools that will help you to keep an eye on things no matter who is managing your site.
Depending on the type of hosting plan that you have, there are certain types of website uptime monitoring tools that will be available for use such as:
Third-Party website uptime monitoring tools
Some of these tools are easy to use while others will require you to install an application that runs on your site. Most third-party uptime monitoring tool like Robotalp cost less than $20 per month for basic monitoring with additional features included in the fee if you choose a higher version. Having an uptime monitoring tool will allow you to check on your site as often as necessary. This is especially important if you rely on your website for income.
In-House website uptime monitoring tools
For people who have their own servers, this type of tool offers a simple form of website uptime monitoring that will work regardless of the hosting plan you have in place. This type of solution can easily be used with internal or external sites. In many cases, getting a custom monitor means connecting it to one specific web server via FTP or SSH. In most cases, you will also need to install a separate application that will work as an agent and provide all of the data to your monitor. While this option typically costs more than third-party options, you can install it on one site or spread it across several sites depending on your needs.
Which type of website uptime monitoring tool is best for you?
Although there are many different types of tools available, you need to make sure that they suit your specific needs before you make a decision. It is also important to find a tool that works with your budget and offers the features and support you need to keep your site up and running at all times.
The type of uptime monitoring tool that you choose will depend on the budget and resources available as well as the features and support needed to keep your site running at all times. If you are looking for a great tool to use, make sure you take time to review the available options and see what they can do before deciding on one specific option.
The importance of website monitoring tools cannot be stressed enough. There are hundreds of benefits to having a website uptime monitor in the market. The reason that your site needs to be monitored closely for uptime is because downtime – even if it's only a few hours – can cause serious problems for your business. It can result in lost sales and customers and lost revenue, not to mention a loss of valuable reputation.
All of these things makes website uptime monitoring tools very important . Your website is the face of your business and you don't want to see it down. Your website should serve all its purposes which are needed for its running smoothly.