A website monitoring service is an online tool that runs automated tests on your websites to check whether they are up and running or not. It also verifies the speed of the website, detects any downtime or performance issues, checks for server errors (e.g.: connection timeouts), availability of web pages and much more. Moreover, it can easily notify the website owner immediately in case of an error via email, SMS or phone call.
Website monitoring services provide useful insights about your website such as how it is viewed by the customers and what they think of your site's speed and performance. This can be extremely helpful for e-commerce sites looking to understand their customer satisfaction levels. Many free options as well as paid website monitoring services are available online.
Why do you need a website monitoring tool?
In order to monitor your websites, you need a tool that will automatically test the status of the website from different locations around the world using various browsers and operating systems. It also needs to be able to check for any downtime or slowness in loading web pages, monitor accessibility to your web pages and detect any server connection failures.
Websites can go through periods of downtime due to several reasons, including scheduled maintenance schedules or technical issues, either with the server or website itself. Monitoring services can help you to avoid bad publicity in case your site goes down for some reason. As the Internet is becoming more competitive every day, it is essential for businesses to maintain an online presence. If your website is not available when a visitor tries to access it, you risk that potential customer choosing your competitor's site.
Why websites go down?
Some of the most common errors that can occur with websites include:
- Server connection timeout: this error occurs because there is a problem connecting to your server.
- Website load time failure: this error is associated with some kind of website slowness or performance degradation.
- Scheduled maintenance error: this occurs when the website has been taken offline due to scheduled work being carried out on it.
- Website down error: if your website is unavailable for visitors, an alert message will be shown. Such messages can range from a warning to a complete blackout of all or part of the website. In fact, the total blackout might lead Google to remove your site from its index entirely. This could be an extremely costly mistake.
- Content not found error: this message is displayed when a page does not exist on your server or website. This can be caused by incorrect URL addresses, pages removed from the site or deleted altogether, errors in URLs etc.
- Server connection error: this occurs when there is no connection between the monitoring tool and the website.
By keeping an eye on all of these things, you'll know how well your site is doing and whether or not there are any problems that need fixing.
Website monitoring services can be used by all types of businesses, both small and large. They are particularly helpful for e-commerce sites which rely on visitors being able to access their online shops in order to generate revenue . Without a reliable website, you cannot attract new customers or encourage repeat business with regular promotions.
A service for website monitoring can help you to avoid any of the problems described above, which could dissuade potential customers from making a purchase.
By using website monitoring services, businesses can ensure that their sites are accessible to current and potential customers at all times. This will encourage visitors to spend more time on your site, which could result in an increase in online sales. Ensure that your business never loses customers because of an inaccessible site by choosing a reliable website monitoring service.
In the future, there could well be a time when businesses do not have to visit their own sites in order to monitor them. In fact, this may already be happening with some systems like Robotalp :) which use artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning methods . This means that websites could be fully monitored using the data provided by the monitoring service, e.g. load speed tests which indicate how quickly a page loads from different locations around the world.
Robotalp is a website monitoring service that provides you with real-time alerts. It can keep track of uptime, performance, progress and website responsiveness. It is possible to discover problems quickly so users are always notified about issues before they become problems for your business.